Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Corn Nuts - under the radar snack!

For me, snack foods are much like sweets; I used to eat them all the time as a kid.  Now that I'm an adult, however, I really have to be in the mood to eat most sweets.  I'm not overweight because I eat snack foods, merely because I love to eat a little too much.  But truly, snack foods are one of those things that I don't just eat mindlessly like some folks do.  Last night, however, I was in a snack food mode.  When prompted to go get some ice cream for my wife, I decided on some Corn Nuts for myself.  This is one of those "once in a while" snacks that I crave periodically, but I absolutely enjoy them when I eat them.




I'm not entirely sure what it is about Corn Nuts, either; they're not overly flavorful, they're awful dry, and they require A LOT of chewing to eat.  Perhaps it's just a holdover from my childhood, since I used to eat them frequently, but I still love them.  And I don't go in for a lot of those flavored varieties - "Ranch" Corn Nuts?  Gag me.  Still, the Originals are just so good for some mysterious reason.  I even like the new Corn Nuts Chips that came out recently:

Whatever the case, it seems that this product has been on the cusp of mainstream acceptance for a long time, and there are a handful of folks who really like them, but they don't sell well enough to be anywhere near as popular as, say, Pringles or something like that.  Corn Nuts seem to be happy being a niche food, and I like that.  So I say to those that join me in my Corn Nuts adoration, thanks for liking them and keeping this product alive.  Without your help, one ofm y favorite childhood snacks would have gone the way of the dodo bird, and that would have been a sad thing indeed.

No comments: